An inspired full day drive that winds through the Adelaide Hills to the Barossa Valley in South Australia, featuring a brand new Ferrari 488 GTB, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 and a stable of supercars.
Starting exclusively in May from the Mayfair Hotel (★★★★★) in the heart of Adelaide, drive some of the world’s finest supercars on a spirited pursuit through the Adelaide Hills to the Barossa Valley. An irresistible late autumn supercar escape that joins all the right dots including lunch at the award-winning Hentley Farm in Seppeltsfield, South Australia.
Readied with an espresso and a private introduction, hit the streets of Adelaide heading south-east along the freeway towards the Heyson Tunnels before turning into the Adelaide Hills for the town of Uraidla.
Following a pitstop for refreshments and morning tea at the Bird-In-Hand Winery and the chance to slip into another exotic, the terrain softens to a rolling landscape of vineyards, pastures and cherry orchards as you cruise into the Barossa for a four-course lunch at Hentley Farm in Seppeltsfield (further details below).
Dart south to Birdwood – with smooth straights lined with trees; venturing back into the Adelaide Hills and Gorge Rd; a smooth ribbon of tarmac carved into the ancient hills. A road of exhilaratingly fast ascending sections set between hairpins, that winds deep into the mountains before trailing the River Torrens down to Kangaroo Creek Reservoir. The perfect drive to compare different supercars; with second, third, fourth and the blip back to second producing a beautiful sound that crackles across the hills. Finally, return via Corkscrew Rd to the Mayfair Hotel just on dusk to enjoy some relaxing drinks at the roof-top bar – HENNESSY.
We schedule frequent pitstops with generous driving sections during the 200km+ journey to ensure there’s ample time to explore and alternate between driving each supercar (three-four in total, including the new Ferrari 488 GTB and Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4). Special attention is made to ensure that group numbers are low – with just 12 days available – and only the best available driving roads are included. Our desire is to create a sensational inaugural event involving a collection of new supercars, in a way that best embraces the character of regional South Australia.
Lunch Destination – Hentley Farm, Seppeltsfield
Set along the quiet banks of Greenock Creek since the 1880s, the stables at Hentley Farm have been meticulously restored and converted into a contemporary dining room. With an “aim to connect guests with the vineyards, the wines, the farm,” Barossa-born Head Chef Lachlan Colwill serves a menu in tune with what’s in season – with 90% of all produce sourced and foraged locally from the lands of Hentley Farm and Seppeltsfield. Hentley Farm delivers a sophisticated, almost theatrical style to plating the finest cuisine in the Barossa – awarded ‘Cellar Door with Best Food’ for the Barossa Valley in South Australia 2017 – Gourmet Traveller WINE.
Recommended Accommodation – Mayfair Hotel, Adelaide
Event inclusions – A$2,750 per couple with limited availability in May 2018
- Price: $2,750 per couple or two guests (this event caters for a maximum of 3-4 couples or 6-8 guests)
- The brand new Ferrari 488 GTB and Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 (guaranteed), paired with a collection of different supercars (4 maximum)*
- An exhilarating full day drive through the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley, starting exclusively from Mayfair Hotel Adelaide, South Australia (200km)
- Morning tea at Bird-In-Hand Winery, with espresso and refreshments throughout the journey – package includes all dining, toll and fuel expenses
- Four-course lunch for two at the award-winning Hentley Farm, located at Seppeltsfield in the Barossa Valley (approx. 1.5 hrs)
- Private ‘one-on-one’ instruction during the day and support via two-way UHF radio communication with a discrete lead vehicle driven by your hosts
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance – please note that we do not ask guests for a security bond or a credit card pre-authorisation*
- Convenient pay-by-instalment plans and personalised gift-certificates available – only a 20% deposit is required to confirm your reservation
Reservations now available for May 2018 – discover an intimate and truly exclusive supercar event
Is this a surprise?
If you prefer to co-ordinate this experience as a surprise for your partner or someone special, please let us know and we’ll ensure that our communication is discrete. Direct-deposit payment options are available if you prefer to transfer your deposit via EFT rather than credit-card. You can count on us to keep a secret.
Prancing Horse – discover why we’re different.
- We’ve been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the past three consecutive years
- We don’t believe in asking our customers for a credit-card security bond – it’s just not our style
- We want you to enjoy the widest menu selection at any restaurant (so there are no set menus)
- We only ask for a 20% deposit to confirm any reservation or arrange a personalised gift-certificate that’s valid for a complete 12 months
- We don’t believe in charging our customers any additional credit-card surcharges whether that be Visa, MasterCard or American Express
We believe in creating a seamless experience for our customers, starting from your initial point of contact to hosting your drive and beyond.
We’re serious about designing quality, bespoke supercar drives with exceptional customer service, not short test-drive experiences.
We love fast cars, fine dining and exploring new destinations, and we’re passionate about delivering exactly that and more for you.
Prancing Horse Drive Experiences – Adelaide, South Australia
Mayfair Hotel, 45 King William Street, Adelaide South Australia 5000