Escape to the beautiful Yarra Valley in Autumn and experience our signature drive day featuring the brand new Ferrari 488 GTB, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 and a stable of different supercars.
valley of mists and shadows, rolling hills, rainforests and mountains – Victoria’s Yarra Valley is the perfect setting to drive some of the world’s most desirable supercars. Experience the brand new Ferrari 488 GTB, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 plus more on a spirited 200km+ drive along some of the best driving roads in Australia.
Starting exclusively in March and April from Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa, the Prancing Horse Supercar Drive Day Experience features a return journey along the infamous Black Spur Drive to the ridge of the Great Dividing Range at Lake Mountain and the roads less travelled through Toolangi State Forest.
Readied with an espresso and a private introduction, depart in convoy across the valley and the quiet town of Healesville before ascending into the hills via The Black Spur. This grippy, smoothly surfaced road follows a historic trail through a rainforest of immense Mountain Ash trees, sheltering a dense understory of green ferns and an enticing series of hair-pin turns. Sight your apex then launch from it, making lovely supercar sounds that reverberate through the forest. Repeat.
Reaching the township of Marysville for morning tea and refreshments at one of its many artsy cafes, the route then takes a dramatic 22km ascent to Lake Mountain Alpine Resort. This is arguably our favourite drive in Victoria that carves it’s way up the mountains, through forests of ghostly Snow Gums and along the alpine ridge to the top at an elevation of 1,500m. Normally devoid of any visitors in Autumn, it makes for the perfect hillclimb to the summit for stunning photo opportunities.
Return down the mountains for a sensational gourmet feast at the Innocent Bystander in Healesville or Stones of the Yarra Valley before venturing into the Toolangi State Forest, looping back towards Yarra Glen via The Yarra Valley Ice Creamery and Chocolaterie. Returning just in time to sample the beautiful wines between the vines at Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa where you can retire for the evening. Few experiences come close.
Event Inclusions – A$2,500 per couple with limited availability in March/April 2018.
- Price: A$2,500 per couple or two guests – we entertain a maximum of 4 couples or 8 persons to ensure excellent driving opportunities for each guest
- The brand new Ferrari 488 GTB and Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 (guaranteed), paired with a collection of different supercars (4 maximum)*
- An exhilarating full-day drive starting from Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa into the surrounding rainforests and mountains of the Yarra Valley (200km)
- Gourmet long lunch for two at the award-winning Giant Steps Winery, Cellar Door and Restaurant
- Private instruction throughout the event and support via two-way radio communication with a discrete lead vehicle driven by Prancing Horse
- Espresso and refreshments upon arrival, morning tea at Fraga’s Cafe Marysville plus any toll or fuel expenses during the day
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance – please note that we do not ask guests for a security bond or a credit card pre-authorisation*
- Convenient pay-by-instalment plans and personalised gift-certificates – only a 20% deposit is required to confirm your reservation
*Please note that Prancing Horse will complement the inclusion of both the Ferrari 488 GTB and Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 with 1-2 different models including, but not limited to any of the following: Ferrari California T, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2, McLaren MP4-12C, McLaren 570s, McLaren 650s, Aston Martin Vanquish, Aston Martin DB11, Aston Martin DB9, Aston Martin Vantage S, Maserati Granturismo S, Maserati Ghibli S, Audi R8, Jaguar F-Type, Jaguar F-Type S, Nissan GT-R R35, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 911 Carrera, Porsche Cayman GT4, Porsche Cayman GTS, Porsche Cayman S, Alfa Romeo 4C, Tesla Model S, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Mercedes-Benz SLS.
Reservations now open for 2018 – Experience an intimate and exclusive supercar event.
Select your preferred date from the calendar, click ‘Book Now’ and follow the prompts to complete your reservation – only a 20% deposit is required. We will then confirm your reservation however please feel welcome to call us (1300307050), email [email protected] or connect with us via LiveChat if you have any questions.
Is this a surprise?
If you prefer to co-ordinate this experience as a surprise for your partner or someone special, please let us know and we’ll ensure that our communication is discrete. Direct-deposit payment options are available if you prefer to transfer your deposit via EFT rather than credit-card. You can count on us to keep a secret.
Prancing Horse – discover why we’re different.
- We’ve been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the past three consecutive years
- We don’t believe in asking our customers for a credit-card security bond – it’s just not our style
- We want you to enjoy the widest menu selection at any restaurant (so there are no set menus)
- We only ask for a 20% deposit to confirm any reservation or arrange a personalised gift-certificate that’s valid for a complete 12 months
- We don’t believe in charging our customers any additional credit-card surcharges whether that be Visa, MasterCard or American Express
Just an hour from Melbourne International Airport and Melbourne CBD, Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa offers superb accommodation options in the heart of the Yarra Valley.